State College Food Bank, State College, PA
The State College Food Bank seeks applications for the position of Executive Director from individuals with broad practical experience in non-profit administration, grantmaking, communications and fundraising.
The mission of the State College Food Bank is to provide food security, directly or indirectly, to people of Centre County. Our vision is that one day, no one will go hungry in Centre County.
The Board of Directors is seeking an individual who inspires enthusiasm and excitement about the State College Food Bank mission and vision, as well as someone who has a proven fundraising and donor development track record and who can develop additional avenues of reaching the food insecured individuals of Centre County.
The ideal candidate will have management experience in the not for profit arena, preferably in human services, and the ability to work well in collaboration with other agencies and food pantries, a Board of Directors, community leaders, volunteers and staff.
Other required skills include experience in the development and management of budgets, marketing, software knowledge and competence in strategic planning and problem solving.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· Accountable for overall operations and services provided by the State College Food Bank. Execute the mission of the State College Food Bank as defined by the Board of Directors and implement all policies and procedures.
· Work with the Board to create/update, maintain and execute plans for the development, strategy, and operation of the State College Food Bank.
· Hire, train, and supervise staff. Administer performance reviews. Together with the Board, determine compensation levels and update staff benefits annually.
· Assure that the dignity of and respect for clients is always maintained. Work closely with community safety net and other human service agencies in the coordination of services to clients.
· Oversee all the various fund-raising activities of the State College Food Bank.
· Provide logistical support to generate and maintain optimal levels of volunteers.
· Regularly attend State College Food Bank executive committee and board meetings as well as interagency meetings as necessary. Prepare meeting materials as needed.
· Organize and support food drives on a regular basis. Directly solicit food, cash and services donations from grocery retailers, corporations, service organizations and others.
· Responsible for community outreach. Communicate awareness within the community as it pertains to the State College Food Bank’s mission, needs, and accomplishments.
· Develop and maintain relationships. Oversee the acknowledgement of donations and efforts from the community to support the State College Food Bank.
· Lead grants proposal process. Prepare requests for funding from government and other agencies. Attend funding meetings as necessary to defend requests.
· Assume responsibility for staff presence during client service hours except when away on board approved business. Assure that board-defined client qualifications and service limitations are consistently met.
· Oversee creation, publication and distribution of newsletters and other public relations documents.
· Fulfill commitments to United Way and other funding agencies.
· Identify opportunities for program and service expansion.
· Review the annual audit.
· Oversee facility care/maintenance.
· Operate and drive the State College Food Bank’s vehicle(s).
Basic Requirements, Knowledge and Skills
· 5-7 years of experience working within human services and/or a non-profit organization.
· 2-3 years of experience overall management of a non-profit organization and its staff.
· A Bachelor’s degree in Human Services and/or related field is preferred.
· Requires the ability to lift up to 30 lbs. and bend/crawl/maneuver around confined spaces.
· Valid Driver’s License with the ability to drive the State College Food Bank’s vehicle(s).
· Ability to work evenings and some weekends.
How to apply:
Applicants should submit cover letter, salary requirements, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, November 22, 2019.
State College Food Bank provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibits discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.