The State College Food Bank is seeking a new member to join our team. All interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, hourly
Hours: 20 hours per week
Pay: $12.00 to $15.00 per hour
To support the mission and vision of the Food Bank of the State College Area, Inc. by supporting the daily operation of the Food Bank.
Essential Functions of the Position:
1. Answer telephone, check voicemail daily and take messages for other staff
2. Manage and respond to email@example.com email account
3. Manage and maintain the Donor Perfect database. Ensure accurate entry of all donations.
4. Pull revenue reports out of Donor Perfect
5. Assure acknowledgment of donations and organizational efforts promptly and properly by generating “thank you” notes and other donor acknowledgment procedures
6. Assist Business Manager reconcile revenue in Donor Perfect
7. Assist Business Manager with social media, including but not limited to Facebook.
8. Generate, restock, and file all forms for the facility and daily operations
9. Assist staff with preparation of materials for meetings, trainings, and other programs as needed
10. Maintain all aspects of the in-take office by ensuring all client forms are completed and filed correctly internally and with the County
11. Assist with Client Services, primarily in-take, as needed
12. Assist Business Manager and Volunteer Coordinator with internal tracking of all food drives and in-kind donations, hosting of food drives, and thanking donors for food drives and in-kind gifts
13. Assist staff with the Boy Scout and Postal Carriers Food Drive where needed
14. Drive company vehicles as needed (pick-ups, deliveries, etc.)
15. Assist with volunteer groups as needed
16. Assist staff during morning prep, sorting and stocking when needed
17. Other duties as assigned
Qualifications/Experience for the Position:
1. A Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred for the position. Several years of experience in business administration required. Familiarity with management of a non-profit organization is particularly desirable.
2. Experience using Access, Donor Perfect and/or similar systems.
3. Experience working with/supervising volunteers is preferred. The ability to prioritize responsibilities and to multi-task with minimal notice is necessary.
4. The ability to use a keyboard is required.
5. Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, and Access).
6. The ability to use the Internet and email required.
7. The possession of a valid Pennsylvania driver's license with acceptable driving record and willingness to learn to drive the Food Bank van is required.
8. The ability to bend, stoop, kneel, and lift, up to 50 pounds with or without assistance.
9. The ability and willingness to work occasional weekend and/or evening hours as necessary to fulfill the requirements of the position.
10. The ability to speak, read, write and understand the English language.
11. The ability and willingness to occasionally work in a non-climate controlled environment.
State College Food Bank provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibits discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.