The State College Food Bank is still operating and providing grocery distributions to those in need at the time. If you are a current client and are feeling ill, we ask that you send a proxy to pick up your groceries.
We encourage everyone to follow the advice of the department of health and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to help stop the spread of germs and illness.
Only 5 people are permitted in the lobby at one time. We ask that you wait outside until there is space before entering the building.
|Monday||1:00 - 4:30 pm|
|Wednesday||1:00 - 3:30 pm|
|Friday||1:00 - 3:30 pm|
- Doors open at 1:00 pm. Please do not arrive before 1:00 pm. If you choose to do so, plan for various types of weather.
- The Food Bank is no longer passing out numbers due to COVID-19. Everyone will be served on a first come first serve basis.
- All clients must arrive and be checked in by 4:30 pm on Mondays and 3:30 pm on Wednesdays and Fridays.
- NEW CLIENTS: Due to the amount of time needed to process a new client receiving a first-time distribution, ALL NEW CLIENTS must come to the Food Bank on a Monday, Wednesday, or Friday between 2:00-3:00 pm for their first distribution.
- Clients will need to provide proof of residency for everyone in their household.
- Clients who are eligible and have been approved by the Food Bank for grocery pick up must call 24 hours in advance to schedule their pick up.
Next-Service-Date Reminder Cards:
During check-in, every household is given a reminder card for their next service date. Please be sure to keep your reminder card in a safe place. If you misplace your reminder card and call the Food Bank to ask about your next service date, they may not be able to provide an immediate response. In that case, you will be asked to provide your name and telephone number, and a Food Bank representative will call you back within 24 hours to confirm your next service date.
Inclement Weather Policy:
Food Bank closing announcements can be found via the following media outlets:
- State College Food Bank website homepage (scfoodbank.org)
- State College Food Bank Facebook page
- WJAC-TV 6 (NBC)
- WTAJ-TV 10 (CBS)
- WATM-TV 5 (ABC)
- WWCP-TV 8 (FOX)
- Seven Mountains Media (local radio)
- Forever Media (local radio)
In general, if the State College Area School District closes due to inclement weather, the Food Bank will also be closed for the safety of clients, volunteers, and staff. If there is a two-hour school delay, client distribution will take place as usual in the afternoon. If there is an early dismissal due to inclement weather, please check the sources listed above to find out if the Food Bank has closed.
Read and download the Client Service Information brochure HERE
Read and download the Client Service Information updates as of June 2018