The State College Food Bank is still operating and providing a pre-packed grocery distribution to those in need at this time. If you are a current client and are feeling ill, we ask that you send a proxy to pick up your groceries.
If you are unsure whether you qualify for services, please call us directly - 814.234.2310.
In order to use the State College Food Bank:
- You must reside in the Boroughs of State College or Port Matilda or one of the following townships: Ferguson, Harris, College, Patton, Halfmoon, Taylor, Worth or Huston (If you are not sure of your township, click here for a map.)
- You must have a referral from one of the agencies listed below
- You must fall within the income set below*.
Meet with one of agencies (see list below). If you qualify, they will provide you with a written referral.
Safety Net Partners (approved referring agencies)
- Centre Helps (open 24/7)
- 814.237.5855 or 24 hour Hotline at 800.494.2500
- 410 S Fraser St, State College, PA
- Centre Volunteers in Medicine
- 2520 Green Tech Dr, Suite D, State College, PA 16803
- Salvation Army
- 2603 E College Ave, Suite G, State College, PA 16801
- If you work with any of the following agencies, check with your case manager for eligibility:
- Strawberry Fields
- Housing Transitions
- Centre Safe
At times, a one-time referral can be provided for individuals with unusual situations. Emergency 24-hour assistance is available through Centre Helps: 814.237.5855, 410 S. Fraser St., State College, PA 16801
Bring the referral with you to the Food Bank during regular distribution hours. First time clients, coming for their first distribution, MUST come to the Food Bank on a Monday, Wednesday, or Friday between 2:00-3:00pm.
At times, a one-time referral can be provided for individuals with unusual situations. Emergency 24-hour assistance is available through the Centre Helps: 814.237.5855, 410 S. Fraser St, State College, PA 16801.
Eligible clients will be approved for 12 regular distributions in a 12 month period, with at least 30 days between visits. The 12 times a year does not include any additional distributions, such as the Thanksgiving and Holiday dinner distributions.
Income Qualifications effective 7/1/2019 -- 6/30/20*:
|Household Size||Annual Income||Monthly Income||Weekly Income|
|For each additional family member add:||$6,630||$553||$128|
* If a client's income is more than the set amount above, we will work with the case managers/clients on a case-by-case basis.