Host a Food Drive
Thank you for your interest in hosting a food drive! It is a wonderful way to get people of all ages involved and educated about food insecurity in our community. A successful food drive not only provides food but it also spreads awareness of the need to fight hunger in our communities. It is a great activity for businesses, schools, clubs, places of worship, and community events.
A well-organized food drive is fun & easy for all involved, we’ll walk you through each step!
PLANNING YOUR FOOD DRIVE
You’ve decided you’d like to host a food drive! Wonderful! Let’s talk details!
- WHEN: Food drives serve a great need year round, so let us know when you’d like to hold one.
- LENGTH: How long will your drive last? A week, day, an ongoing effort. Will it be associated with a specific event?
- GOAL: Goals are a great way to motivate your group, a little friendly competition can be even better! You can set a goal by pounds or cans/boxes – be creative and don’t forget to update your participants throughout the drive!
- THEME: A theme is not necessary for your food drive, but it can add a special touch and increase the fun for participants, especially for younger individuals.
- SUPPLIES: What will you need for a successful food drive? Promotional materials, letters to parents if a school or youth organization, bag and/or boxes for collecting the food.
REGISTER YOUR FOOD DRIVE
Keep us in the loop! We love to know when you’re planning a drive so we can prepare accordingly. We rely on our volunteers to help receive large donations so please schedule your delivery ahead of time. Register here to host a food drive.
Register Your Food Drive
PROMOTE YOUR FOOD DRIVE
Let your community know what you’re up to!
- Making posters and flyers can be especially fun for youth groups – don’t forget the theme!
- Social Media is a wonderful way to reach people
- Be sure to include your collection dates & location along with the type of items you’re seeking.
- Please remind people of a few key details when donating:
This is where it all comes together!
- There are a lot of details for this part & it can help to designate someone to coordinate it all.
- Be sure everyone knows what they can donate, when & where! Clearly marked boxes or bins for collection helps.
- You can help the Food Bank by organizing your donated items by product type (great idea for our young collectors) prior to dropping off the collection.
- Deliver your donations to the Food Bank at 1321 South Atherton St. Monday/Wednesday/Friday between 9:00-12:30 or at your pre-arranged time.
Now you get to celebrate your success!
- Share with your community of supporters & contributors how much your food drive raised.
- If you provide photos we will also gladly share your story on our Facebook page. Our followers love to see how others are helping our community!!