In the past year alone, we have seen a stunning 40% increase in individuals served.
To overcome this challenge, we have secured a new building that will nearly double our service capacity and ensure dignity in every experience for those we serve.
We are launching our first ever capital campaign to renovate, expand, and equip the building, creating a facility that will allow us to combat food insecurity in our area more effectively than ever.
Our new building offers the Food Bank:
- An ability to provide a wider variety of food items to better serve more people in need throughout Centre County
- An ability to consolidate our locations under one roof and facilitate efficient logistical and programmatic operations
- More flexibility to achieve our vision and mission by expanding our strategy for serving the entire county through partnerships with other pantries and organizations
Mission - To provide food security, directly or indirectly, to people in Centre County.
Vision - One day, no one will go hungry in Centre County.
- More client pantry space
- Larger warehouse for food storage
- Increased freezer & refrigeration capacity
- Dedicated produce sorting space
- Tractor-trailer loading dock
- Covered donation drop-off
- Private & welcoming intake area for clients
- Offices, meeting, and break rooms